Pondering. Computer Business. How serious this gets will be dependent on comments.

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:07:23 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 20:53:43 UTC, btiffin wrote:
> First up, I'm answering this after assuming the "they" in are
> they interested, is the COBOL standard folk, not the D team.
> If the open question is from the point of view of the D team,
> then this answer is off page.

I was thinking maybe the Business mainframe people would have
problems with something without IBM approval? On the other hand I
think there was someone in this forum that used COBOL for some
kind of automation, or is my memory playing tricks with me? Maybe
if you search the forums you will find D users that are
interested in COBOL, but currently inactive in the forums?

> That was on purpose, to avoid the impression of Yet Another IBM
> monopoly.

Got it! :-)

If you find that you want to create yor own version of D for this
purpose then I am sure taht you won't be ignored. As long as you
have a library that can convert to utf-8, it should not be too
difficult to make some modifications. Just ask. I for one wont
ignore you :-D sounds fun!