How can we make it easier to experiment with the compiler?

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed May 26 13:51:38 UTC 2021

On 27/05/2021 1:04 AM, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 at 12:37:58 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> Imagine if there was a way to standardize this experience for
>> everyone! If only...
>
> The experience is irrelevant in this context.
>
> Partitioning is a necessary first step for decoupling.
>
> Let us stop pretending this is a matter of taste.
> It is not.
>
> It is a matter of basic Software Engineering (the profession).

Agreed.

When the directory structure does not match the concepts and complexity
involved in a project, it is a symptom of much larger issues from my
experience.

Fixing it, makes other issues much more visible to the point where they:
HAVE TO BE FIXED RIGHT NOW.

Without the rearranging to match concepts and complexities in the file
structure, it is a lot harder to properly scope modules to doing one and
only one thing.