std.experimental.logger default log level is everything

ikod igor.khasilev at gmail.com
Fri May 28 19:09:58 UTC 2021

On Friday, 28 May 2021 at 18:48:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 5/28/21 1:57 PM, SealabJaster wrote:
>> On Friday, 28 May 2021 at 17:29:48 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>> wrote:

> Unfortunately, std.experimental.logger doesn't seem to have a
> mechanism to filter logs based on source. I think adding a
> separate filtering system (I've used similar things like log4j,
> and written some myself) would be a huge undertaking.
>
> -Steve

In my libraries I usually call tracing/loging with debug's like:
    debug(mylibrary) tracef(...);

so by default library user will not see any log messages from
library code. User have to enable debug=mylibrary in dub config
or in makefile, so he become aware of the consequences.