[Discussion] Dlang IRC has moved to Libera Chat

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sat May 29 08:09:49 UTC 2021

Hi all,

For over 18 years, we have used Freenode as our home for the
Dlang community on IRC.  Recent events, however, have made it
unclear whether we will be able to retain any presence on
Freenode at all.

So it has been decided, as of
[2021/05/27](https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/3012), our
official IRC presence will now be on [Libera
Chat](https://libera.chat/), with [OFTC](https://www.oftc.net/)
as a secondary home.  The Freenode channel has now been marked as
unofficial, and we invite everyone to join us in #d on Libera
Chat.

While I have raised this topic here to be discussed, please
remember to be considerate and avoid discussing the general
subject of Freenode/Libera, as it is off-topic for the D forum.

It's never easy to move home, so I hope you support us well.