Why did etc.c.odbc move to core.sys.windows?

Luís Ferreira contact at lsferreira.net
Mon May 31 17:02:08 UTC 2021

I see `etc.c.*` headers pretty useless in the standard library. The
phylosophy of most of the standard libraries are: provide what "every
programmer" might reasonably require when building a large collection
of software and provide relatively easy-to-code facilities.

Moving this to the runtime library is totally not a solution to this
problem, in my point of view. By definition, a runtime library
shouldn't have bindings to a random library that a few people uses.

The right direction would be to consider doing an external and optional
package for this type of bindings instead of forcing likely 90% of the
users to download bindings such as sqlite and odbc.

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net