Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 10:08:23 UTC 2021

On Monday, 1 November 2021 at 09:45:10 UTC, glis-glis wrote:
> An English-agnostic programming language would be nice to help
> non-native English speakers to get into programming more
> easily, but how would you replace keywords like "if", "while"
> or "for"?

You could replace "if" with "?", "??" or "¿" and use "⟳" for
loops.

However, I've found that this makes code harder to read as you no
longer get a visual separation of "numeric expressions" and the
main structure of the program.

This presumes that you use a regular text editor. If you create a
graphical editor, you probably could use only symbols or pictures
with good effect, but it is a lot of work to develop such editors.