Herb Sutter's CppCon talk "Extending and Simplifying C++: Thoughts on Pattern Matching using `is` and `as`"

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Nov 1 13:43:48 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 01:23:45PM +0000, Arjan via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Why is it that always when I see Herb Sutter talk about C++, that long
> lost love for C++ suddenly re-emerges from the deep hurt past
> relationship...

It's like an abusive relationship that you can never break free of. ;-)
Me -- I call it quits on C++, clean break, no phone calls, no texts, no
further contact, no shared assets. Been livin' happily ever after since.
:-P

Well, OK, not entirely no further contact, sometimes work obliges me to
work with C++ again. But only on the rare occasion. I mostly work only
with C these days, and for that I'm happy -- in spite of C's fundamental
flaws, it's still a smaller, cleaner language than the mess that C++ is.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte