Thoughts on versioning

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:38:19 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 01:42:29 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I should change that message in the Derelict repository to
> point people to bindbc. Sorry about that.

It's fine. I'm not specifically pointing to this library as an
issue. If I was used to working in a language where libraries
become unusable with time, I would have noticed myself more
quickly. I was more pointing out that it's harder to maintain a
third party library in D for some reason than Java. Lots of Java
libraries don't get maintained but they still work. The worst you
get is a bunch of compile-time warnings.