Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

dd dd at dax.moe
Mon Nov 1 20:54:56 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 31 October 2021 at 01:59:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/8309
>
> Destroy!

On Sunday, 31 October 2021 at 01:59:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

D and Phobos 2.000 and 2.098 (as their version are tightly
coupled) went though so many versions and deprecations it's
getting confusing to keep track what works and what used to work.
I sometimes have to search changelogs to keep code compatible
between releases across operating systems. A compiled list of
features with their version ranges would be pretty big.

I think it'd be safe to do D3 as well, because this also includes
language changes throughout the decade (I think D2 was from
2008!).

Do take this as a grain of salt, I transitioned from .NET to D in
around 2016 so maybe I am a little used to having my library
(e.g., .NET 4.5.2) and my language (e.g., C# 7) separated.

But curious what std.v2 will bring. Will keep an eye open!