Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:35:35 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 06:53:10 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> I say it again, this is NOT a technical problem this is a
> management and leadership problem.

Thus it is political.

Interestingly, C++ does have a solution called "inline namespace"
that is meant to be used for mixing versions in libraries. So,
without a prefix you get the current version (inlined namespace),
but you can also ask for a specific version (explicit namespace).

Not quite the same as what is being proposed, but somewhat
relevant still.

However, in my experience, this sometimes creates edge-cases
where you get different typing behaviour related to
namespace-nesting. I would be surprised if this does not happen
in D as well, one way or another.