Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Robert burner Schadek rburners at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:15:30 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 12:07:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> For instance: "with this solution we can always change it
> later, so we don't really have to be certain about what we do"
> is a political strategy that is easy to sell, but is very
> costly long term.

I think here lies the fundamental need for leadership.

I would argue that with the PR, linked in this forum thread,
the set of D developers will be empty before we find out whether
this can be reverted without problem or not.

I also can not proof that my solution means less problems in the
long run.
I can only make an argument for it.

This is where the "making a decision" by leadership comes in.

Now for the baiting, in the end I can only hope that leadership
makes the
bold choice that actually gets us good ;-)
Because, I really don't want to have write C++ or rust for a
living.