Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:08:03 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 12:07:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> For instance: "with this solution we can always change it
> later, so we don't really have to be certain about what we do"
> is a political strategy that is easy to sell, but is very
> costly long term.

Huh? For me, it just comes out as trying to avoid the pitfalls of
the waterfall model.

If a project wants to avoid needless politics and long-term
costs, you probably are not saying it should go for waterfall in
general.

So I think you're either saying that there is not much
uncertainty about future in this particular case, or that the
costs of getting it wrong are low even with an all-in approach?
Or that D already has one leg in grave, so it's time for
desperate moves?