Why is D unpopular?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Nov 2 18:53:44 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 17:27:25 UTC, Dr Machine Code
wrote:
> It got [asked on
> reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/q74bzr/why_is_d_unpopular/) sub but for those that aren't active too, I'd like you opinions. Please don't get me wrong, I also love D, I've used it everywhere I can and I'd say it's my favourite language (yes I have one...) but I'm as as the reddit's OP, trying to understand why it's unpopular. Rust and Go seeming to be getting more and more users. I think it's due to large ecosystem and the big corporations with deep pockets that pushes them. But I'd like to know you all opinions

What's the basis for saying it's not popular? How popular should
it be? I don't think the discussion is productive without
additional details.

Why doesn't it have heavy adoption in businesses? No, that's
still too vague to be helpful. Why don't FAANG use it to develop
their customer-facing apps? Still too vague. Why doesn't Amazon
use it for [something Amazon sells]. Why doesn't NASA adopt it as
their main language? Why isn't it used to teach intro programming
classes?