[OT] What are D's values?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 08:46:30 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 03:16:11 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> There is something fishy when a professor discourages new
> language design and especially one who acts as if D and other
> languages don't exist.

Did we view the same clip? He seemed to argue that reimplementing
12 million lines of C code into a new language does not solve the
issues effectively, but gradually transitioning into a language
with better static checks does solve issues effectively. And that
is probably true for code that is a natural fit for C.

Of course, these days, most problems are not a natural fit for C
or C++…