Why is D unpopular?

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:05:22 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 19:42:45 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Pattern for the above, are we afraid of standardizing stuff in
> D?

We seem to be afraid of doing anything that doesn't work in
 >>insert fringe edge case the language designers care about<<

> I don't quite get what you mean here

Yeah, was a bit vague. What I was getting at is some D libraries
have a requirement of some C library, but expect you to build
said C library yourself, which sometimes is very straightforward,
but is sometimes a nightmare.

And then sometimes you have to go to a C library since D doesn't
have a (functioning) package you need, so then you have to write
C-style code alongside your normal D code.