Suggestion about releases

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:30:52 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 09:13:59 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> The logic behind that is it would hopefully put more focus on
> testing and reliability etc. If we have to live with a release
> for a longer time period, the theory is everyone will be more
> cautious when making a change.

I think your hopes here are probably misplaced. Every change to
D's core components (dmd, druntime, and phobos) is already run
through the full CI suite and subject to code review before
merging. The kinds of bugs that slip past these filters are
probably not going to be caught by something as simple as "more
caution."