Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Robert burner Schadek rburners at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:51:43 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 20:24:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Must have been a miscommunication on my part. The two couldn't
> be more different.

I think it was a miscommunication on my part.

I'm not concerned about adding stuff or change stuff.

Both std.experimental and std.v2 split phobos in two, that is my
problem with
std.v2.

Please remove and add to phobos as much as you see fit, but don't
split it.

I said it in the long post once before, but I say it again.
By the time I have explained to somebody new why D is in version
2.099 with
phobos having parts in version v2 in addition to
std.experimental, which is
was pretty much DOA, the person has installed, compiled, and run
"hello world"
in rust.