Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.com
Wed Nov 3 17:46:15 UTC 2021

On 2021-11-03 12:51, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 20:24:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Must have been a miscommunication on my part. The two couldn't be more
>> different.
>
> I think it was a miscommunication on my part.
>
> I'm not concerned about adding stuff or change stuff.
>
> Both std.experimental and std.v2 split phobos in two, that is my problem
> with
> std.v2.

There's no splitting. You get to use std or std2. New code should use
std2. Old code can migrate to std2. There's gotta be two by the
pigeonhole principle. I don't see how this can be done otherwise.

The situation with std.experimental is very different. There a trivial
claim can be made that there's "splitting" for the simple reason what's
in one is not in the other.