Phobos version naming

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:24:11 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 18:11:28 UTC, harakim wrote:
> The more I look into this, I think they just create a new
> incompatible version, like Python2 and Python3.

Yes, but not Python.

Python had a forward-compatible system library called future and
a third party library called six that provided Python3 transition
code. I had a template for Python2 that did the future
compatibility imports, so when I transitioned to Python3 I just
had to remove that line for the most part. :-) Python3 transition
was painless for me.