Phobos version naming

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Nov 3 19:57:27 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 07:44:21PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 19:40:30 UTC, David Gileadi wrote:
> > Bikeshed aside, named library versions may be more memorable but
> > they have the downside that it's much harder to see two names and
> > know which one is newer and/or current.
>
> Yeah, the number is far more practical.

I agree.  Debian GNU/Linux uses names for releases, and it's widely
hated.  Even people like me, who don't hate it, find it very confusing
because it's hard to tell which version is before or after which by
looking at some arbitrarily-chosen names.

Let's just stick with numbers please.

Give a man a fish, and he eats once. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit forever.