Phobos version naming

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:46:35 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 22:21:53 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Prolly we could have both so people could use either "io" or
> "std2".

What I would actually do is make it the year of the planned
stable release.

For example we might not actually use "Stdv2" but instead
"std2023". In years prior to that, it is now obviously a future
version and thus subject to change, then when 2023 comes along,
it is officially stablized and we can start playing with std 2024.

This pace of putting major breaking changes in a yearly schedule
would also give people realistic expecations. No, it won't break
next month, but yes, it might next year.