Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:19:01 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 12:09:38 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> So yes, an anecdotal forum theory about language adoption can
> be  believable in principle. But the average case is nowhere
> near transparent enough to be considered anything more than
> noise. The writer may personally have good reasons to trust
> his/her theory, but at least as likely is that they're just
> making something up because they don't know. It's usually
> impossible to tell from outside.

As I already said, this not a black/white issue. It is not a
single factor issue.

If you choose to ignore all perspectives then you cannot make any
judgement at all. Then you cannot design. Cannot improve. If you
look at a situation from many perspectives then you can make
judgments and weigh them. Is the outcome certain? Obviously not.
No design outcome is certain!

Just because you don't feel you can evaluate the usefulness of a
perspective does not mean that this is the general case for
everybody else. The more experience you get the better judgment
you can make. The more perspectives you use when analysing, the
more likely you are to make a good judgement.

It is only impossible to make judgements from the outside because
you choose to place yourself on the outside.