Why is D unpopular?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:39:28 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 12:19:01 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Just because you don't feel you can evaluate the usefulness of
> a perspective does not mean that this is the general case for
> everybody else. The more experience you get the better judgment
> you can make. The more perspectives you use when analysing, the
> more likely you are to make a good judgement.
>
> It is only impossible to make judgements from the outside
> because you choose to place yourself on the outside.

I believe we both agree on the basic principle of usefulness of a
viewpoint:

Backed up by arguments that can be judged, useful.
Not backed up, or backed up by only non-judgeable arguments,
garbage. Ten or hundred of such viewpoints, still just as garbage.

I am saying that the standard Reddit ramble about language
adoption belongs to the latter category, and I believe you think
it might belong to the former if the one evaluating has enough
experience?

The reason I believe a large majority of such posts are worth
nothing is [that we have a tendency to make up reasons for even
utterly random
stuff](https://unherd.com/2021/07/what-warhammer-taught-me-about-life/).