Phobos version naming

dd dd at dax.moe
Thu Nov 4 13:23:20 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 15:37:05 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Currently it's std.v2 but I'm unclear how it goes from there.
> By semver we'd go with std.v2_0_1 and so on.

I'm fine with std.v2 or next.std or next.std.v2 or future.std or
similar. They all show a clear name that these will be the next
version. std2023 and std.v2_0_2 and the lot looks ugly and seem
unpractical in a sense where you will have to maintain a
multitude of minor versions.

It would be easier to have std.v2 and std.v3 because then it's
simply a question of remapping the functions to major versions.
It's already a little painful trying to map out which compilers
version support what.