Why is D unpopular?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:26:10 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 13:11:26 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> The viewpoint of a random poster could provide a perspective
> you had not thought about and that gives you a new angle to
> analyse your design.
>
> If you are unhappy with a situation then you need to change.
> You cannot predict the outcome of the change, but by using
> multiple perspectives you:
>
> 1. Get an idea of which directions you can make changes in.
> 2. Can consider more potential outcomes of the changes you make.

You're saying that the forum ranting may be valuable because it
might give you ideas, even if it conveys no trustworthy data?
Okay, granted. If that's all you claim, we don't disagree after
all.

I guess my stance came out as "talking about language adoption is
strictly negative, unless you have exceptional arguments", and
you felt a need to rebut that. That wasn't quite what I said but
thanks for the clarification anyway. I admit that I probably was
in the need for that clarification myself.