Phobos version naming

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:35:49 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 15:23:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Interestingly enough that's what happened to C++. The draft was
> C++0x for a long time until they realized they can't make it by
> 2010. The standard was ultimately C++11, and it was refreshed
> every three years right on schedule.
>
> I can't understate just how successful their process is. We'd
> do good to learn from it.

What C++ is doing is nothing like what you propose.

C++ has only one standard namespace and that is "std", ("std??"
is reserved).

C++ is by and large backwards compatible. Both language and
standard lib. Only a tiny number of unused features have been
deprecated and signatures have been modified in non-breaking ways
for the most applications.