Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:45:34 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 16:36:39 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> I see - that is what this thread is about after all. But you
> didn't finish your explanation to make any point about language
> adoption.

I tried to point out that having multiple perspectives isn't
negative, even if some turn out to have only a negligible effect.

To increase adoption I think one should take a look at all the
perspectives that have been presented in the thread, because I
think they all are contributing factors. But one also has to
think about multiple groups/classes of programmers and prioritize
the groups that are most likely to address the worst weak spot
(eco system).

If I personally were looking for an alternative to C++ today I
probably would have given Rust a spin first, because they seem
very focused and determined to support lower level programming
and make it more productive than C++. So for me a clear vision
would be the first thing to look for in addition to the technical.