Why is D unpopular?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:58:05 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 16:45:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I tried to point out that having multiple perspectives isn't
> negative, even if some turn out to have only a negligible
> effect.
>
> To increase adoption I think one should take a look at all the
> perspectives that have been presented in the thread, because I
> think they all are contributing factors.

In the brainstorming sense, yes. But in the "contributes to
evidence in favour of this position", no, unless backed up with
transparent reasoning.

Note, I'm assuming a theard where people question the general
strategy of a language. If discussing a particular language
feature or other improvement it's different since it's more
concrete and the facts can be reasoned about by anyone.