Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:11:34 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 16:58:05 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> Note, I'm assuming a theard where people question the general
> strategy of a language. If discussing a particular language
> feature or other improvement it's different since it's more
> concrete and the facts can be reasoned about by anyone.

Ok, but again, it calls for soul searching if current users of
the language most likely would not have landed on D if they
started with no prior knowledge and experience. So, that means
the "market position" has changed.

So, how do you then get back to a position where you have enough
hardcore programmers to develop something like an application
framework that would make the language more attractive to a
broader audience?

You would need the same level of hardcore enthusiasm that lead a
group of developers to build Tango.

How do you get there?