Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:51:07 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 November 2021 at 12:48:01 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Friday, 5 November 2021 at 10:53:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>>
>> 3. Write the standardlib in such a way that it is quite low
>> level (everything should be meaningful in the context of
>> embedded programming).
>
> I think that's a wrong approach. It should provide both
> low-level and high-level approaches to problems.
>
> Too much low-level is going to make it very verbose.

Not really, because if you write an application (like most do),
you would use the shipped supported application library layer
that is on top of the core standard library. By supported I mean
that it is written by the same group that is responsible for the
core standard library, and that is either provided in the same
archive as the compiler or in a package manager that ships with
the compiler.

However, if you write wrappers for some key C-libraries you would
only depend on the core standard library and would not be
affected by "application support" improvements. So that way you
get a very stable wrapper.