Why is D unpopular?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Nov 5 16:02:45 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 23:33:05 UTC, arco wrote:

> But at what point did D become truly usable using open source
> compilers? GDC was only declared feature complete, supported
> and merged upstream in GCC 9.0, that is in 2019. Both Go and
> Rust came with open source, production quality, reference
> compilers since day 1. It really makes a difference.

How are you defining "day 1"? I stopped using Rust before version
1, and I can guarantee that there was nothing production quality
about their compiler. Unless you mean by "day 1" the day version
1 was released - which was four years after the first release".
When I checked Wikipedia to see these dates, I found this
interesting quote