Why is D unpopular?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 08:52:42 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 6 November 2021 at 08:19:29 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 November 2021 at 07:29:25 UTC, valmat wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 17:27:25 UTC, Dr Machine Code
>> wrote:
>
> In this case, Why do I use `d`? Don't other languages smell
> good?
> Only `dare` to go against the current can we succeed.
> `D` need to solve the unfriendly tool question.
> I've heard many people say that they don't dare to use them ,
> without good tools.

I've been thinking about this for about 9000 years now and I
think tooling is the answer. Why? Because developers are used to
it now. And are lazy.

When I first came to D from C# I was just screaming into the
void. Where was my static analysis, intellisense and refactoring
tools.

I don't know what made me continue my journey, but I'm glad I did.

With that said though, for D to succeed we need better tooling
around the language.