Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 11:45:18 UTC 2021

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 15:59:10 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I'm brainstorming about what I'll talk about at DConf, and
> during a conversation with Walter I thought it might be cool to
> talk about:
>
> * Worst features implemented in a non-toy language

Worst line of reasoning for not having a feature is Go that
refuses to add exceptions because they don't think people will do
cleanup correctly, instead you are faced with 150% more
error-handling code (or code that ignore errors).

Error handling in Rust also looks pretty atrocious, but I haven't
written anything more than toy programs in Rust.