Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 09:30:49 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 7 November 2021 at 07:28:38 UTC, zjh wrote:
> The `expert` user is the `commanding height` of the programming
> language, because only the `expert` writes the `library`.
> Only when there are more `experts` writing the `library` can we
> form `positive feedback`.

I agree. If meta-programming is meant to be D's strong feature
then experts are invaluable, and you have to be willing to do
what is necessary to get them interested (including breaking
changes).

((However, experts also want to spend less time on boring tasks,
so you also need some high level features.))