My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:19:13 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 7 November 2021 at 21:39:55 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
> A lot of issues like this in the D space will be greatly
> ameliorated and some will be eliminated altogether once ImportC
> is made to work robustly. It won't be a "panacea" but it will
> help immeasurably. In that situation, you'd just dial up a C
> library and call it from D. You'd be able to lean on C
> libraries for the tools you need and write D code for the stuff
> I want to build. Bootstrapping from C in this way is the key to
> resolve this issue.

I don't know if using C (or C++) frameworks will provide an
acceptable programming experience. C frameworks tend to be quite
distant from what you would expect from a higher level language
like D. You would have to modify the C framework's «runtime»,
like making it create treads using the D runtime, etc.