My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:16:38 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 7 November 2021 at 22:30:30 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Most important thing I need rn (I know ppl find it silly, but
> coming from other languages you get so used to it) is a
> reliable and good IDE with static analysis, autocomplete

++1 I think IDE experience I've had in VS Code in a language like
Rust is frankly awesome and D's was quite poor and frankly enough
to put new people off the language. Sorry but that was my
experience. I now just use C++ syntax highlighting and the
terminal, but it's some time since I used the D plugin so I might
try it again.

> .. and built in package management and a good set of core
> libraries that are rock solid.

Honestly, I think the standard library is getting better. From a
looking to get work done perspective it's certainly much better
than before. Improvements are of course necessary, but I wouldn't
say that things are bad at all, but then I'm not from the DotNet
world. I compare it to things like Julia, Nim, Rust, Chapel and
so on, and I'd say D compares very well indeed.