Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:29:54 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 November 2021 at 10:57:37 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Yes, I think this is correct. I never understand why people
> claim that Tango was a big issue. I was only interested in low
> level programming and did not use Tango, it was too high level
> for me, but I never saw it as a limiting factor.

For the record, it is of course a requirement that all frameworks
build on top of the same foundational runtime.

So, you can have a core standard library without a GC runtime,
and on top of it have an expanded (compatible) runtime with GC.

So you need cooperation on runtime-profiles in addition to having
a small focused core standard library.