Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:54:06 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 November 2021 at 16:29:28 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> I'd be willing to be money that no program has ever been
> written that uses all of the language features.

I think that is the wrong line of argument. The core language
ought to be minimal, yet complete. So, for a system level
programmer having some language features being GC dependent is
seen as a red flag.

For that to be reasonable you would need different profiles and a
more layered approach. So you have a core language (no GC) and
then on top of that a more high level language (possibly GC).