Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:14:17 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 17:27:25 UTC, Dr Machine Code
wrote:
> It got [asked on
> reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/q74bzr/why_is_d_unpopular/) sub but for those that aren't active too, I'd like you opinions. Please don't get me wrong, I also love D, I've used it everywhere I can and I'd say it's my favourite language (yes I have one...) but I'm as as the reddit's OP, trying to understand why it's unpopular. Rust and Go seeming to be getting more and more users. I think it's due to large ecosystem and the big corporations with deep pockets that pushes them. But I'd like to know you all opinions

The most important aspects of a programming language, are its
cognitve demands and problem-solving performance.

In the end, people just want to solve problems, quickly, easily,
and efficiently.

This is, and always has been, the driver for language development
and evolution.

So 'if' your assertion is correct, then one basis for that, is
that 'people' are solving their problems more quickly, more
easily, and more efficiently, using other (as in one or more)
languages.