Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 07:56:13 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 November 2021 at 07:22:01 UTC, arco wrote:
> In fact I find that the geneses of D and Rust are remarkably
> similar: both were born in a company, out of frustration with
> C++ and the belief that their creators could design something
> better.

D was not born in a company. D was created because Walter didn't
feel like being retired and set out to create something he would
like to use and share with the world.  If you want D to take a
different direction, you have to change Walter's idea of what
makes up a good language.

AFAIK, Rust was handed over by the creator to the organization he
was part of.

Completely different settings.