Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 10:48:01 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 November 2021 at 10:32:57 UTC, arco wrote:
> In other words, instead of dismissing comparisons between Dlang
> and Rust as somehow unfair because Rust has a lot more
> resources, a more interesting question is IMO why and how did
> Rust attract those resources and which lessons can be learnt
> from it.

Walter is unlikely to hand over D to a commercial entity, which I
think most D users are happy with. That would be a completely
different project.

Rust follows the same path as Swift and JavaScript. Person
affiliated with an organization creates a language. The person
hands over decision making to the organization, which in turn
evolves it further into a "commercial" commodity.