Why is D unpopular?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:58:37 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 November 2021 at 19:27:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 8 November 2021 at 18:59:56 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 November 2021 at 13:59:30 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> What is needed is more of a layered approach.
>>
>> That's what `-betterC` is for I believe.
>
> That is more of a feature removal. You ought to have all
> interfacing types at the bottom layer.

What do "interfacing types" mean?

You somehow use a lot of different words than the rest of us,
making you difficult to follow. And not a lot of concrete D
examples. And I mean in general, not just this thread.

I've read dozens of your posts and I still don't have a good
picture of what you're lobbying for. What I THINK I've gathered
so far:

- Dmd should be rewritten in idiomatic D style, so that it's
easier to experiment with.
- After that, a grand rework of the whole language.
- A small simple core for the reworked language, much like Lisp
or Forth.
- A different fork for the language rework, instead of having all
that in the same codebase behind `version` declarations or
`-preview` switches or such.
- No serious priority to stability and backwards compatibility
before the language rework is complete.

If I got those even nearly right, You're in essence proposing D3.