Instantiation of nested structs should be allowed outside their parent scope

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:39:49 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 November 2021 at 12:59:08 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:

> I'd rather have compiler throw errors rather than having yet
> another potential segfault in application which needs to be
> checked.

In that case compilation of 99% of D programs on Unix has to fail
immediately. Because, potentially, they can all segfault before
even reaching _Dmain. Only those that don't in any way link to C
runtime may compile freely.

Sound silly enough?