Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:37:44 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 9 November 2021 at 17:16:52 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

>> Having a stack trace with line numbers is a big deal in case
>> the exception was unexpected.
>
> Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Not a big deal IMO. Stack traces are not the main feature of
exceptions anyway. Now granted that the error is a bit harder to
track down without the stack trace but we don't put stack traces
to `null`s or `NaN`s either. We insert logging statements
separately if we want to prepare for tracking an unexpected bug.