Challenge: write a reference counted slice that works as much as possible like a built-in slice

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:48:12 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 November 2021 at 17:03:42 UTC, Greg Strong wrote:

> Most computer programming is not science.  Programming is a
> trade.  There is, of course, such a thing as computer science,
> but it is not what most programmers do most of the time.

Call it whatever you like. "I don't think it's slow" is not a
measurement, therefore drawing any conclusions from that is
pointless.

> The simple fact is that for roughly 99% of code, (in terms of
> lines of code, not complete programs), performance is basically
> irrelevant.

Running fast, and simply not running slow, are two very different
things. The "simple fact" here is that most people either don't
care their code is unnecessarily slow, or don't know that it is,
because they didn't bother to even look.

Man, this is so off-topic... I'm sorry guys.