Ownership You Can Count On

Araq rumpf_a at web.de
Fri Nov 12 08:00:04 UTC 2021

On Friday, 12 November 2021 at 07:44:39 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 12 November 2021 at 07:19:58 UTC, Stefan
> Hertenberger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i found this and thought maybe it is usefull for dlang ?!
>>
>>>	Google Experimental Language #2 (GEL2) is an experimental
>>>general-purpose object-oriented programming language. GEL2 is
>
> It is a borrow counter for single ownership, limited to single
> threaded programs. Interesting, but limited.

It's not limited to single threaded programs, the optimizations
that are included are, but you can do without. Nim tried to use
this in production before moving to ORC and I'm not looking back,
"ownership you can count on" was actually quite a pain to work
with...