Want reasonable reference counting? Disable automatic sharing of immutable

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 13:30:28 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 13 November 2021 at 23:08:01 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 November 2021 at 21:55:21 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>
>> You are not getting that the GC collecting has nothing to do
>> with the pure function's executation. The GC hijacks the
>> control to the caller.
>
> ...while introducing side effects, which the caller of the pure
> function was promised WOULD NOT HAPPEN, by the interface of the
> pure function.

Dude, I don't want to be rude, but you clearly don't have the
prerequisite t add value to this thread. It's tiring to have to
swift through pages of this to get to interesting infos.

Arguably, there may be a problem with the way finalizer are
handled, but this has zero to do with the topic of this thread.
You could remove the second function call that you assert could
still fail. It has noting to do with the call, or it being pure
of any of what you think it has to do with.

Please do not clutter this thread.