Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:58:21 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 14 November 2021 at 21:42:44 UTC, Dr Machine Code
wrote:
> what example of that D's complexity?

In general? The forums are full of those.

I don't want to start a flamewar by listing, but despite people
claiming meta-programming is easy in D, it isn't difficult to
point out that there are half-baked mechanisms, feature overlap
that isn't needed, limited deduction abilities that can make
expressing things more awkward etc.

Too much complexity on function signatures for sure, how many
casual D programmers remember what inout does?

The ACID test of language complexity is to look at typical code
bases and ask yourself if it would be a good idea to tell newbies
to learn the language from studying those.

I think both C+, Rust and D has a usability problem there.