My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

Greg Strong mageofmaple at protonmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:36:18 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 21:59:19 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Other than that, gold star from me! 🌟

Wow, your reaction is pretty much the opposite as mine.  There is
some good stuff in there, but it is mostly a rant about stuff
that is either (a) desire for library stuff that does not _need_
to be in phobos, and probably shouldn't be,  (b) pie-in-the-sky
stuff that isn't our primary problem, (c) random mishmash of
disconnected thoughts.  Random example:

>WASM needs to be first class citizen.
>I want to compile D to javascript, nice looking javascript.

WASM is important.  YES.  Next sentence ... compile to
javascript? Why on Earth would you want to do that if you have
WASM?  Does the author think these are things are connected?

I do appreciate the effort that went into the post and would like
to see the community focus better.  And, yes, moving to github is
prudent.  But it's pretty much downhill from there IMHO.