My Long Term Vision for the D programming language

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:04:57 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 23:55:03 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:

>> D 27:
>>
>> * Compiler daemon thing.
>>
>> The work on the compiler daemon thing, will have to start
>> before 2025.
>>

> Even if there was a consensus on that, you already noted that
> it does not matter. This requires massive refactoring of the
> DMD code base.

Refactoring is putting it mildly.

It needs a fundamental different approach to how we do
semantic-analysis/code-transformation/code-insertion/code-expansion.

(as you know well)

I believe that if we go down that path. (I am already on that
path)
Only the parser and the code-generator will remain as they are.